(For a slightly more up to date post done on the evening of July 9th, see Jayson's blog by clicking here)
Well, Rachelle can't write anything because she is in the hospital and not feeling too well so she asked me (Jayson) to write it for her. I decided that I am going to try to give daily updates here from now on so you can know what is going on. On Friday of last week, Rachelle "failed" two of her home monitoring tests so they had her come in to the hospital. When she got there, they decided to start her on the magnesium. At first, she felt fine but they found that it wasn't stopping the contractions so they upped the dosage a lot. By Saturday night she felt really sick and the contractions were not slowing much. The nurses thought that she might have to have those babies before the weekend was out.
I spent Sunday with her and she wasn't feeling particularly well. When we initially "signed on" with Dr. Elliott in Arizona, he told us that there would come a time when Rachelle would beg to be done with the whole thing despite all our goals. Up until Sunday, we couldn't imagine that. Now, however, we see what that is like. She is really miserable but hanging in there for now. She will go as long as her body takes her. Right now, we are really hoping to make it to 32 weeks which would be July 17th. If we can make it to that, we will then see what it would take to make it to 34 weeks. Right now, the next 48 hours are fairly critical and if they can't stop the contractions, then we might just have to have them sooner rather than later. The good thing is that she is far enough along that the babies all have a pretty good chance of being just fine (provided they have enough room for them in the NICU).