Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving

Kaydence, Rustin, Kaiya, Kyndall, Grandpa and Grandma Wilkinson, Kassidy, Riley and Ryder (Notice anything different in this picture? Read on to find out...)


This year Jayson's parents came for Thanksgiving. It was a wonderful, busy, fun-filled week! We kept Grandma and Grandpa busy taking kids to movies (everybody's favorite was "Tangled"), working on projects around the house and babysitting. My father-in-law spent a good chunk of time cutting out a beautiful wood nativity scene for our front yard. He also cut me a set of pipe chimes! My responsibility at church (in the church it is called a "calling") is Primary Chorister, which means that I teach/lead the music for the 3-11 year-olds. They are going to LOVE playing the pipe chimes!

My Mother-in-law taught me how to make adorable flower bows for the girl's hair. We had fun making all different types and colors of flowers. My girls now have the most beautifully decorated heads on the block :-) In addition my in-laws babysat so that Jayson and I could get away for a quick over-nighter to San Antonio. It was so nice to enjoy some time together away from the kids.


Poinsettia Hair Flower


Kaydence modelling another hair flower.

We had Thanksgiving dinner while the quints were napping. They actually all slept long enough for us to enjoy a leisurely meal, which is indeed something to be grateful for!

Jayson, Rachelle, Riley, Grandpa, Grandma and Kaiya

The quints had a full 9-course Thanksgiving meal when they woke up....unfortunately I did not get even a single picture! We did, however, take lots of video which Jayson will hopefully get edited soon. Below is another video--NOT the one we took this year--but if you watch it, it will give you a clue as to what the video we DID take is about!






Still wondering what was different about the first picture? A couple days before Thanksgiving, Riley got GLASSES! I think he looks cute with them on, and he is happy that he can see better!


Share/Bookmark

8 comments:

Tracey's Life said...

Riley looks adorable in his glasses. I like his frame choice.

I would love to know how you made those bows for the girls hair. I would wear the pointsettia bow myself.

If you have written instructions, would you email them to me.


Thank you.
Tracey

traceydoerrer@yahoo.com

Pauliina said...

Cute flowers and cute glasses. :)

The Dragonfly said...

Now Hannah and Riley can be glasses buddies!

Unknown said...

Too funny. First thing I saw was the glasses and said to self: hmmm, wonder when he got those.

(NOW I know.)

Chorister is a fun calling. I am a Sunbeam and moving up with my kids next year. I have four of the most wonderful little girls ... and my lap is not big enough since they took growing spurts. I remember when 4 year olds were Star A ...

Best wishes for the holidays.
Cindy B.

Anonymous said...

The glasses definately suit Riley!

Maaike van Oosterom said...

Looking at the picture at the top of this post, I can't help but wonder: Did Kyndall run into a pair of scissors?? (Thinking of toddlers playing hair dresser?)

Or is it just the picture making it look that way?

Rebecca said...

My very first thought when I looked at your blog was, "When did Riley get glasses? Has he always had them? I don't remember seeing him with them on before." Glad I hadn't not noticed it before. He does look cute with them on and it's great to be able to see better! Happy Thanksgiving :)

Tobi said...

I think Riley looks great in his new glasses!

I'm glad you had so much fun with Kevin and Sylvia. What a blessing that the Quints slept through the Thanksgiving dinner so you could eat!!