Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween!

IMG_2937 CR1

This year we went for a Phineas and Ferb theme (it is from a Disney TV show).  Rustin was Phineas, Ryder was Ferb, Kassidy, Kaydence and Kyndall were Fireside Girls, Kaiya was Candace (the older sister), Riley was Dr. Doofenshmirtz, I was Perry the Platypus and Jayson was Major Monogram.

Here are some pics of the cartoon characters, if you aren’t familiar with them!

 

   

 

 

IMG_2925 CR1 shady

We’ve been planning the costumes for months, but I wasn’t sure how we were going to pull it off until Grandma and Grandpa Wilkinson came to visit.  Yay for fantastic Mother-in-law’s that know how to SEW!  She totally designed and made the head/hats for Phineas and Ferb, which I think turned out amazing!  She also made the fireside girls berets, skirts and sashes (not to mention my platypus tail!)  GG made Ryder’s Ferb pants, which also turned out adorable! 

 

IMG_2938 CR

“Mom!  Phineas and Ferb are going trick-or-treating”

 

IMG_2972 CR

The Phineas and Ferb “hats” turned out so fantastic that I felt like they needed a close up….this picture still doesn’t do them justice.  I was totally in awe of my mother-in-law’s ability to just whip these out.

 

IMG_2945 CR

Cutie-Patootie Fireside Girls!  Kyndall, Kassidy and Kaydence

 

IMG_2954 CR

Our friend Nolan came Trick-or-Treating with us.

 

IMG_2955 CR

Our neighbors had a super-spooky creature rigged on a pulley to come flying at you when you went up the driveway.  I think it creeped me out more than the kids!

 

IMG_2958 Cr

Trick-or-Treating in action!

 

IMG_2951 CR

Riley went trick-or-treating with his friends….he didn’t think he was recognizable as Dr. Doofenshmirtz when he was by himself, so I made him and his friends into iPhone App Icons.  Riley is the YouTube App, his friend Jared is the Facebook App and a third friend (not pictured) was the GMail App.  The three of them won first prize for their group costume at a School Halloween Party!

IMG_2963 CR

Glue drying on the App costumes….nothing like making costumes on the DAY OF Halloween!

IMG_2962 CR

It cracked me up that as soon as Riley got home from trick-or-treating, he immediately started sorting his candy by type so he could look at the candy distribution.  I think I have a statistician in the making.

 

 

IMG_0315 CR

One last picture of the whole crew at our church Trunk-or-Treat!


Share/Bookmark

9 comments:

Angela said...

Those costumes are awesome and our family loves the show too. The heads were amazing. Grandmas are the best. My mom is currently on a mission in Kentucky and I miss having her nearby to sew things for me. I guess I better learn how to sew myself.

Queen B said...

Totally cute costumes and a cute family too!

Anonymous said...

Are you going to do a Christmas Post any time soon? I'm a big fan of your blog and would love to see how the quints and your entire family celebrated this holiday season!
Best wishes

Anonymous said...

Your kids are cute. :) Just FYI, that link to the Tyre family's blog has turned into something that is definitely NOT family friendly. You might want to take it down....

Rachelle said...

Thanks for the tip on the Tyre's blog! I removed it.

Anonymous said...

You're welcome. :)

TaraMetBlog said...

Love the costumes! We are big Phineas and Ferb fans.

Anonymous said...

How are you all? Is everybody ok? :-)

Shannon said...

We really appreciate your cute costumes! My kids were just wondering how people can have lots of babies at one time so I showed them your blog. Thank you!!!