Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Valley of the Sun

This week I moved to Arizona and officially started the next stage of my pregnancy. The past couple of weeks have been hectic, as I tried to get everything ready to go to Phoenix. It was strange leaving home, knowing that I wouldn't be back for five months. When we originally made the plans for me to come to Arizona, it seemed like something that would happen way off in the future. I can't believe how quickly the time flew!


I arrived Tuesday night and was met at the airport by my aunt and uncle, whose house I will be staying at until I have to go to the hospital. They greeted me with cookies in hand and have been doing their best ever since then to make sure I meet my 5000 calorie/day goal. When we got back to the house and they showed me to my room, this is the sight that greeted me:




There were five adorable baskets all lined up. Each basket has a soft foam "mattress" so the babies can use them for beds when they come home from the hospital. The baskets were filled with little socks, blankets, pacifiers, stuffed animals and a premie outfit. They even had an erasable calender to keep track of feedings, dirty diapers, etc. My aunt and uncle and their family are wonderful and I feel so blessed to be able to stay with them while I am here!



Kaiya, my 4-year old daughter, came with me to Arizona and has been having a blast. She is loving all the attention she is getting from everyone here and she has already made new friends. Riley, my 6 1/2 year old son stayed back in Texas to finish off first grade. He and Jayson are having some good Father/Son bonding time. I was worried that they would be having either hot dogs or Jack in the Box every night, but fortunately people have been taking good care of them in my absence!



I had my first doctors appointment with Dr. Elliott yesterday afternoon and was highly impressed. He is very personable and clearly has a lot of experience and knowledge about multiple births. He put me on "modified" bedrest, which means that I need to restrict my activity, but I am still allowed to do a few things and get out every once in a while. I am also going to start wearing a home contraction monitor for an hour twice a day to see how many contractions I am having.


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Welcome to Phoenix. I'm sure it must have been hard to leave your home and the male half of the family.

Aunt V and Uncle K said...

Glad you and Kaiya are there safely and so warmly welcomed. The baby baskets brought tears to our eyes. We love you....keep eating those cookies for us!