Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Valley of the Sun

This week I moved to Arizona and officially started the next stage of my pregnancy. The past couple of weeks have been hectic, as I tried to get everything ready to go to Phoenix. It was strange leaving home, knowing that I wouldn't be back for five months. When we originally made the plans for me to come to Arizona, it seemed like something that would happen way off in the future. I can't believe how quickly the time flew!


I arrived Tuesday night and was met at the airport by my aunt and uncle, whose house I will be staying at until I have to go to the hospital. They greeted me with cookies in hand and have been doing their best ever since then to make sure I meet my 5000 calorie/day goal. When we got back to the house and they showed me to my room, this is the sight that greeted me:




There were five adorable baskets all lined up. Each basket has a soft foam "mattress" so the babies can use them for beds when they come home from the hospital. The baskets were filled with little socks, blankets, pacifiers, stuffed animals and a premie outfit. They even had an erasable calender to keep track of feedings, dirty diapers, etc. My aunt and uncle and their family are wonderful and I feel so blessed to be able to stay with them while I am here!



Kaiya, my 4-year old daughter, came with me to Arizona and has been having a blast. She is loving all the attention she is getting from everyone here and she has already made new friends. Riley, my 6 1/2 year old son stayed back in Texas to finish off first grade. He and Jayson are having some good Father/Son bonding time. I was worried that they would be having either hot dogs or Jack in the Box every night, but fortunately people have been taking good care of them in my absence!



I had my first doctors appointment with Dr. Elliott yesterday afternoon and was highly impressed. He is very personable and clearly has a lot of experience and knowledge about multiple births. He put me on "modified" bedrest, which means that I need to restrict my activity, but I am still allowed to do a few things and get out every once in a while. I am also going to start wearing a home contraction monitor for an hour twice a day to see how many contractions I am having.


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Welcome to Phoenix. I'm sure it must have been hard to leave your home and the male half of the family.

Kernal Ken said...

Glad you and Kaiya are there safely and so warmly welcomed. The baby baskets brought tears to our eyes. We love you....keep eating those cookies for us!