10. The Jumparoo (age 5 months to 1 year). We had two of these for the quints and they were awesome! They preferred the jumparoos hands down over the exersaucers.
9. Little Tikes Activity Garden Center (age 8 months and up) A fried found this for me at a garage sale pre-quints. I don't think they make them anymore, but they are the best! As soon as the babies could pull themselves up on things they loved cruising along the sides, crawling through the tunnel, playing with the mailbox and opening and closing the door.
Kaydence, Rustin, Ryder and Kassidy
8. Playskool Busy Ball Popper (age 18 months and up) Drop the balls down the hole and air pushes them through the track and back out again.
7. Fisher Price Little People (age 18 months and up) They have so many different sets to choose from. My kids love the ones that make sounds---like the farm and the zoo and the school bus.
6. Step 2 Kangaroo Climber (age 15 months and up) We got this off of Craigslist and it is awesome. They love to climb, slide, crawl through the holes and open and shut the door. It is still a favorite at our house.
5. Kitchen Set (age 18 months and up) They especially love the sink and microwave. We also have the Melissa and Doug cutting fruit to go along with the kitchen and they like those a lot too.
4. Push Toys like Strollers or Grocery Carts (age 18 months and up) At our house, the strollers are most popular, followed by the grocery cart, followed by the activity walker. They all run around the house in a circle pushing the stroller/cart/walker.
3. Mr. Potato Head (age 2 and up) Riley and Kaiya still like to play with this one. They have so many fun outfits and accessories available now.
2.5 Matchbox Cars (technically age 3 and up) I gave this one a half number because technically the quints probably aren't supposed to play with matchbox cars yet since they do have small parts and could be potential choke hazards. Although I risk getting some chastising comments for this, I have to admit that they do play with them and they totally love them. They each like to play with the cars that are "their" color. Rustin starts asking for the cars the instant he wakes up in the morning and he insists on taking one to bed with him.
2. Little Tikes Cozy Coupe (age 18 months and up) I read somewhere that the Cozy Coupe is the number one selling car in America. I can see why! Unfortunately we only have ONE of these at our house and it is a constant source of contention! Ryder would stay in the car for the whole day if we let him. He is even willing to give up meals to make sure no one steals his car.
1. LEGO Duplo Building sets (ages 18 months and up) We play with these almost every day. These seem to hold their attention longer than any other toy.
The quints are getting some fun stuff (or at least I think it looks fun---only time will tell!) for Christmas this year--stay-tuned for a post-Christmas post on that. I'd love to hear about your favorite toys too!
PS--There is still time to order your 2010 Wilkinson Quints Calendar before Christmas! Click HERE for more info and to see a preview of some of the pictures from the calendar. To order, use the PayPal button to the right, or visit our website.
PPS--Of course no post is complete without at least one current picture of the kids! Riley and I took them for a walk yesterday and a couple of them insisted on wearing their Santa Hats. I am sure the neighborhood got a kick out of that :-)