Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Progress!!!!

Today was day 3 of Potty Training Boot Camp. It started out pretty much the same as day 1 and day 2---LOTS of accidents and no real action from anyone on the potty, except for Rustin (who now wants to go every 10 minutes so he can get M&M's). This afternoon, Ryder was playing with Kaiya and started to she-she on her floor. Kaiya freaked out and started yelling, which I think scared him into stopping. We rushed him downstairs to sit him on the potty and he actually got the rest out on the potty! This gave me a small spark of hope. Then tonight, while I was gone teaching my class at ACC, both Ryder AND Kassidy managed to get some she-she in the potty! Yay! I have been doing the happy dance ever since. I know I still have a long journey ahead, but at least the light at the end of the tunnel is growing a little brighter!
Share/Bookmark

7 comments:

Evie said...

Awesome! "This too shall pass" :)

Rebecca said...

hooray! They're getting it!

Maaike said...

cheers quints and parents on. "Go, go, quints! Potty, potty, yea!!" :)

Cristie Jensen said...

Let us know how it goes for the night time training, mine still wear pull-up and they usually are not dry come morning. Ages 3 & 5.

MommyLydia said...

BTW what is she-she? I'm assuming #1 because of how often you use it? But I've never heard that word before.

stace-c said...

Rachelle, thank you for writing about your potty training journey. I'm going through the same thing with my twins right now, and it's nice to read about your quints' progress! I thought it was hard with twins...can't imagine with 5!!

Emily said...

Hi! I found your blog yesterday totally randomly (I can't even remember what I was googling, but you came up first) and read it start to finish. It's really quite impressive. I looked at all the links that you have to the other multiples blogs, and none of them compare. The combination of the design, the user interface, the writing, the pictures, and the creative ideas you come up with really make this a top-of-the-line blog. I'm so impressed that you can keep it up while raising quintuplets, 2 other kids, and having a part-time job. Wowee, as Riley and Kaiya would say! Good luck with the potty training! You and the babies will be in my thoughts and I can't wait to hear updates!